The National Matching Program (NMP) is a private, not-for-profit organization created to help government, education, and other not-for-profit organizations promote fair, equitable, and transparent selection processes for applicants and hiring/training groups.
In typical recruitment and selection settings, securing a position can be chaotic and disorganized. Applicants may receive multiple, competing offers from organizations with little to no time to consider which offer is best, and organizations may have applicants renege on offers extended. NMP Matches minimize the chaos associated with such settings and work to reduce bias in selection decisions by
- Allowing applicants and organizations time to consider all options before determining preferences
- Providing a confidential, neutral venue for applicants and organizations to identify their true preferences
- Setting a uniform date for selection outcomes
- Using a mathematical algorithm that considers participants’ preferences to ensure the best possible placement
NMP matching services are:
- Entirely web-based, so users can access NMP’s secure iMatch system from anywhere in the world
- Simple, effective and equitable because participants are held to the same rules and deadlines
- Supported by a staff that respects the unique needs of various industries and is committed to creating Matching Programs that meet those needs
National Matching Program (NMP) is a subsidiary of the National Resident Matching Program® (NRMP®), a not-for-profit organization founded in 1952 to help medical students in the United States obtain clinical training after graduation. For 70 years, NRMP has maintained a strong reputation within the medical and medical education community and is widely recognized for its fairness, transparency, and integrity, as well as the accuracy of its results. NMP can assist government, higher education, and other not-for-profit organizations achieve that same level of success.
See our frequently asked questions for more information about the matching process.